Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken

(my actual picture)

Today my wife and I ran across a recipe for sweet and sour chicken on a blog. We've never had much success with making chinese food before, but we decided to give this one a shot after seeing how easy it looked. The pictures and comments all seemed very positive. In fact, many comments kept expressing very ecstatic reviews, which eventually completely sold us on the idea of making it for dinner. We thought ours would probably just end up being a so-so dish. We defiantly didn't thing ours would look as good as the one in the picture, let alone taste as good. However, to my much surprise and super duper happiness, this dish ended up being one of the best dishes we have ever made! We have had some good sweet and sour chicken before, but it was always at fancy, upscale restaurants. This, however, beats them all. We couldn't believe this came out of our oven instead of a chinese take out box. The chicken had a crispy outside crust, a moist and juicy center, and the sauce was to die for. Not only was it delicious, but it was very simple, and perhaps life changing. We are no longer strangers to Chinese cooking. Furthermore, It looks like this is a dish that will be a close friend of our oven for years to come.

Here is the link to the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Your post has inspired me to try your recipe!! I will let you know the result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to add...thanks to my good friend Leah at work I found this recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete